Existing waterproofing systems across a variety of buildings at Wood Green were deteriorating and in poor condition. Natural ageing and previous poor workmanship on roofs resulted in rainwater getting underneath systems and water ingress problems.
The works include:
- On 840m² we prepared the existing roof coverings, and installed a 35-year Derbigum + Euroroof Waterproofing Systems from Alumasc.
- Self-adhesive felts were also installed on all critical details reducing the risk of fire, adhering to the “safe to torch policy”.
- On other roofs we carried out careful stripping of existing slate, re-slating and renewing leadwork.
- Above the catering blocks we installed a liquid system which required complex detailing to ensure that the entire roof was watertight.
- On the main flat roof, we installed a 25-year Derbigum + Euroroof SupaGOLD Waterproofing Systems from Alumasc and a guardrail system.
Wood Green School now benefits from long-term waterproofing solutions across its buildings. On completion all the materials system guarantees were issued.
The new permanent edge protection and access ladders we installed, ensure the roof can be safely maintained over the guarantee period.
The works were completed on a live educational building, so we took extra care not to affect the normal day-to-day running of school provision.