Health & Wellbeing
We have strong employee engagement, with high levels of staff wellbeing, motivation, and business performance. We research annually how employees feel their work is going, if they are valued and supported. Recent surveys have shown our staff are more committed to company goals and, more importantly, they are performing better too.
Benefits of working for Central
Central offer a range of benefits to ensure staff are healthy, motivated and focused. Creating an open and supportive workplace is deeply embedded into our values and provides the foundations of our commercial success. We offer
- Wider wellbeing events, to support our employee’s families. In the summer of 2021 our staff and families were treated to a day at West-Midlands Safari Park.
- A variety of ways to facilitate bonding with team members, reduce stress, and give people the chance to get to know one another outside of the office. Recently team members have enjoyed football matches, go karting and horse racing.
- Ways to give back – many staff volunteer or secure funding for charities that support our community strategy.
- And we hold team events to ensure they spend time with other staff members.
- Hybrid work for office based staff, with time working from the office and home. This eliminates unnecessary travel and gives wider benefits, including a better work/life balance.
- Broader training to increase everyone’s full potential, such as our annual Leadership Pathway Programme, for new managers. In 2021 we supported over 24 roofing operatives who wanted to complete their higher-level construction industry exams.
- Four trained Mental Health First Aiders in the Group. Their role is to act as a point of contact and reassurance for a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress.